The market research firm Packaged Facts estimates pet supplement sales in the U.S. will continue growing and exceed $1 billion by 2025. As pet owners look for ways to potentially improve the quality and longevity of their fur babies’ lives through the use of vitamins and supplements, we are seeing some interesting trends in this rapidly growing product category.
Consumers Prefer to Buy Pet Supplements Online
Per research conducted by the American Pet
Products Association (APPA), only
vitamins/supplements are shopped online by
more than half of dog owners. All other products
combined are purchased slightly more often in
In fact, virtually all pet owners prefer to shop
online for vitamins and supplements. This creates
a growing opportunity for online sellers of pet
|Small Animal Owners||68%|
Pet Supplements Made with Popular Natural-Based Ingredients
As consumers become more knowledgeable about the benefits of natural-based pet supplements, they are shying away from products that contain fillers, dyes, and other potentially harmful ingredients. Some popular ingredients in pet supplements include:
- Probiotics are known to support gut health, aid digestion, and boost the immune system.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are important for maintaining healthy skin and coat. They are also shown to support joint health and may offer anti-inflammatory properties.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin are often combined and commonly used to support joint health in pets, particularly those with arthritis or other joint issues.
- Antioxidants, such as vitamin E and selenium, help protect the body’s cells from damage caused by free radicals. They may also support immune system function and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Amino acids are important for maintaining muscle mass and supporting overall health. They may be particularly helpful for pets with specific medical conditions or those recovering from surgery.
Pet Supplements Shown to Improve a Specific Condition
Research has shown many pet wellness issues can be treated with vitamins and supplements. Products known to improve specific problems are increasingly popular, and here are some common problems pet parents hope to improve with the use of supplements.
- Relieve joint pain and stiffness.
- Reduce scratching and nourish the skin.
- Improve digestion and reduce nausea.
- Reduce anxiety and have a calming effect.
- Support the immune system.
- Promote overall health and wellness.
Pet Supplements Sourced and Made in the USA
There have been widespread reports of product safety recalls from other countries. As a result, many pet parents feel safer when they see “Sourced in the USA” and “Made in the USA” on the labels of their pet supplements. Research shows that 60% of pet owners find value in purchasing “Made in the U.S.” products and are willing to spend more on those products.
Grow Your Business with Private Label Pet Supplements
If you’re researching how to sell your own line of pet supplements, working with our private-label company can be a great way to grow your business. We can help you develop your own line of quality natural-based supplements featuring your logo and branding. In addition, we also offer a broad range of other quality private-label pet products to help you expand your business to the next level over time!
For additional suggestions, please check out our recent blog post with tips on How to Set Up an Online
Pet Store Selling Private Label Products.
Natural Pet Innovations Offers Pet Supplements for Dogs, Cats, and Horses
We currently offer 8 stock formulas of private-label dog supplements. In addition, we can make custom cat supplements as well as specialized horse supplements. Our supplements are made with ingredients shown to improve or alleviate common health issues. We also offer our private-label pet supplements in powder and liquid forms, and some supplements are available in bulk. In addition, we can formulate and produce totally custom supplements to help you differentiate your products.
About Natural Pet Innovations
Natural Pet Innovations is a manufacturer of proprietary, natural-based, sourced-in-the-USA, and made-
in-the-USA product lines for dogs, cats, and horses. We specialize in creating turnkey private label products for our Amazon®, eCommerce, and retail partners. As a wholesaler and contract packager, we also offer custom formulations, bulk sales, and concentrates.
In addition to private-label pet supplements, we offer private-label grooming products, specialty items, and private-label pet treats. We have perfected our turnkey private label process over the last 10 years. We are committed to offering our partners only the highest quality natural products and providing them with unsurpassed customer support. Please contact us today to learn how we can help you quickly and easily start promoting your own brand of pet products.