If you are researching how to set up your own online pet business, you may have come across information about working with a private label company to manufacture the pet products for you. Partnering with a quality private label manufacturing company can be a great way to get your business up and running quickly.
But What Exactly Are Private Label Products?
Many stores and retailers sell private label products. Grocery store chains are a great example. When you see a “store brand” product in a grocery store, these products are typically not manufactured by the store. Rather, the grocery store chain partners with a manufacturing company to produce private label products and then puts the store logo and branding on them and ships them to the distribution center.
Are There Private Label Products Just for Pets?
Yes, there are manufacturing companies that produce private label pet products. Some of the biggest manufacturers mass produce pet products for the world’s largest retail chains. There are also smaller manufacturers that produce lower minimum quantities of private label pet products for smaller businesses and people wanting to start or expand their own online pet shops.
What Are the Benefits of Using Private Label Products for my Online Pet Shop?
If you are thinking about setting up your own online pet store via Amazon, eBay, Shopify, or using any other e-commerce platform, partnering with a private label manufacturing company gives you access to products featuring your own branding. You do not need to figure out how to create, manufacture, package, label and ship the products. You simply need to find the best private label partner to provide you with quality pet products for you to market and sell.
What Are Some Things to Look for In a Private Label Partner?
There are many factors to consider in selecting the right pet product manufacturing company to help you grow your business. It’s important to research the depth and quality of pet products they offer. Other important considerations are price points and minimum ordering requirements. It’s also important to understand how they label, package and ship the products.
16 Important Things to Consider in Evaluating a Private Label Company
We’ve identified 16 things to keep in mind as you are evaluating pet product manufacturing partners. Hopefully this list will provide a good starting point of important things for you to consider.
- Product Quality – Do they manufacture quality pet products or less expensive low-quality products?
- Product Safety – Do they manufacture pet products that are safe for animals (and kids)?
- Environmentally Friendly – Are the pet products made with natural ingredients?
- Minimum Order Quantities (MOQ) – Do their minimum order quantities fit your business model?
- Cost vs Market Price – What is the manufacturer’s cost compared to the projected market price?
- Reseller Options – Can the pet products be sold in online stores as well as in traditional stores and veterinary offices?
- Distribution Choices – Can the pet products be shipped to your store, warehouse, third party logistics provider (3PL) or Amazon?
- Drop Shipping – Does your manufacturer offer drop shipping to save you time and money shipping products to another 3PL?
- Branding, Labeling & Packaging – How does the manufacturer assist in creating labels and/or packaging with your logo and branding?
- Turn Around Times – How long does it take for the manufacturer to ship pet products?
- Variety of Products – Does the manufacturer offer a variety of products to make it easy to expand your lines in the future?
- Size Options – Does the manufacturer offer pet products in a variety of sizes and options?
- Custom Products – Is the manufacturer able to create custom pet products or formulations to help you further differentiate your business?
- Bulk or Concentrate – If you want to package the products yourself, does the manufacturer offer options for bulk products and/or products in a concentrated form?
- Expanding Lines – Is the manufacturing company introducing new products on a regular basis to stay in a competitive position?
- Made in the USA – Are the products manufactured in the US or in another country?
Natural Pet Innovations Manufacturers Quality Private Label Pet Products
Working with our private label manufacturing company can be a great way to grow your business. We can help you create your own brand and/or full line of quality, natural-based pet products featuring your company logo and branding. We offer a broad range of quality private label pet products including pet treats, pet supplements, grooming products, and more.
More About Natural Pet Innovations™
Natural Pet Innovations™ is a manufacturer of proprietary, natural-based, made in the USA product lines for dogs, cats, and horses. We specialize in creating turnkey private label products for our worldwide partners. We specialize in working with online pet stores, Amazon sellers, brick and mortar pet stores, veterinarians, groomers, and other pet professionals.
We offer private label pet grooming products, white label pet supplements, private label pet specialty items, and a wide variety of white label pet treats. As a wholesaler and contract packager, we also offer custom formulations, bulk sales, and concentrates. Please contact us today to learn how we can quickly and easily help you start promoting your own brand.